Our Newcastle physios are highly trained in evidence-based methodology & practice.
Having graduated from the University of Sydney, Tommy has been a physiotherapist for over 20 years, working locally and abroad.
He is a qualified strength and conditioning coach routinely using this knowledge to enhance his clients performance.
Tommy has been the club physio for sporting clubs including Merewether Carlton, Souths Lions, Newcastle Northstars and worked with pro surfers.
He likes a challenge of getting to the source of a person’s injury and not just treating the symptoms.
He is a keen advocate for the use of evidence based therapy and works with his staff to continually update their knowledge to provide patients the best possible care.
He empowers people to manage their injury themselves and gets great satisfaction in getting people back to the things they enjoy quicker.
He has experienced injuries through the years and this has helped him get a good understanding of what it takes to make a full recovery.
Tori Hain - Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Tori graduated from the University of Newcastle in 2014 and has been working at Fitness Physiotherapy since then. Tori works in the practice, with sporting teams and at Lingard Hospitals busy surgical ward.
Recently Tori attended a course at La Trobe University and became a GLA:D accredited physio. GLA:D is a group neuromuscular exercise and education program based on extensive research which helps people with hip and knee osteoarthritis to reduce their pain, minimise use of pain killers, avoid joint replacement surgeries and continue to do the activities they enjoy. Tori runs GLA:D classes and loves seeing her patients make progress, stop fearing movement and continue to enjoy their active lifestyles.
Tori was the physiotherapist for Merewether United Football Club (Herald Women’s Premier League) and celebrated 3 grand final wins in 4 years! Her role with Merewether included on-field assessment, attending training sessions and managing injuries and return to play. During university Tori was part of the massage therapy team for the Newcastle Jets. Tori has completed her level one sports course.
Toris treatment approach utilises individualised, exercise based therapy with a focus on moving towards self management.
When not at work Tori loves waterskiing, going to the beach and spending time on the lake.
Anika Roohan - Physiotherapist
Anika has recently rejoined the team at Fitness Physio having worked at our previous location for six years.
Nathan Tuntevski - Bsc. (Exercise Science) & M. Physiotherapy
With a background in the fitness industry, Nathan has worked in strength & conditioning and personal training for the last 6 years having extensive experience with both the athletic and general population. His education background includes a bachelor’s degree in Exercise & Sport Science which he graduated in 2018 from Newcastle.
Nathans desire to treat & help people with more complex injuries led him to further studies, completing a master’s degree in Physiotherapy from the University of Sydney in 2021. He has gained invaluable experience in Sydney including hospital-based work at Royal Prince Alfred and spent time in some of the highest regarded sports practices in Sydney.
Since seeking work back in Newcastle Nathan has been drawn into private practice, aligning well with Fitness Physios up to date evidence-based approach. Fusing his background with his more recent studies, he takes pride in being able to provide beneficial interventions & exercises whether it is day 1 or day 100 of a rehab.
Having experienced his fair dose of injuries throughout his active life he understands truly how debilitating and frustrating they can be at times. As such Nathan loves to treat all sorts and sizes of injuries, although he does specialise in shoulder and back related problems.
Having achieved the following qualifications and accomplishments,Mike stands out as a highly skilled professional:
- Qualified as a Physiotherapist in 2002 and an active member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA).
- Holds a Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy from the University of Birmingham (UK).
- Worked as a physiotherapist for the English Premier League (EPL) Birmingham City Football Club.
- One of the pioneering physiotherapists in the UK to serve as an Emergency Physiotherapy Practitioner (EPP) in the Emergency Room (ER) at Solihull Hospital.
- Accumulated six years of valuable experience at Sydney's renowned Physio, Posture & Fitness Clinic (PPFC).
In addition to these notable credentials, Mike has received professional recognition for his achievements:
- Named Game Changer of the Year 2016 by the Entrepreneur Institute.
- Served as a guest expert speaker on the ABC nightlife talk show, discussing Posture in sport on April 3, 2014 (link: [insert link]).
- Acted as a guest lecturer at the New South Wales School of Massage for the sports massage module.
- Contributed as a guest lecturer at the Physio Coaching Academy of Australia (PCAA).
- Represented the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) as the principal physiotherapist for Tradies National Health Month in August 2015 at Martin Place on Sunrise TV.
These accomplishments and experiences highlight Mikes expertise and commitment making him an excellent choice to manage your injuries